I work mainly in two mediums of visual art: painting and clay. Ever since I was a little girl I've been drawing and painting. I was trained in ceramics in college; the clay is earthy stuff that feels good to sculpt, and considering my love of the earth and the natural world, it has always been satisfying for me to work in this way.
The paintings require a different approach, working with this flat surface, creating with color and composition. I often refer to my sketchbook for subject matter and ideas – but the painting or sculpture usually takes it's own direction once I'm working. I can get lost in the process of painting or sculpting and the outcome is usually quite surprising.
+ 2015 Exhibits and Professional Work
- Museum of Danish America, Art Chosen for Annual Holiday Card and Ornament, Iowa
- Waterfront Artist Studio Collective, December Art Walk, Bellingham, WA
- Winter Juried Exhibit, Jansen Art Center, Lynden, WA
- It's The Little Things, Invitational Show of Small Works, Confluence Gallery, Twisp, WA
- Fall Juried Exhibit, Jansen Art Center, Lynden, WA
- Artist Choice Invitational Small Works Show, Fourth Corner Frames, Bellingham, WA
- Earthly Delights, group show, Allied Arts, Bellingham, WA
- Friends of Fish 2, Edison Eye Gallery, Edison, WA
- XX XY Group Show at the Confluence Art Gallery, Twisp, WA
- Dusk to Dawn: Twilight/ Nighttime Skies Juried Show, Jansen Art Center, Lynden, WA
- Allied Arts Member Show, Bellingham, WA
- Lummi Island Artist’ Studio Tours, Lummi Island, WA
- Featured Artist, Beach Store Cafe, Lummi Island, WA